An enterprise that started out with hard-copy pamphlets has evolved into an educational website that is constantly reviewed and updated by 87 world renown specialists in the fields of cancer, diabetes, heart disease and infectious diseases. All web-based medical content sites are not equal in clinical acumen, accurate in scope of a condition and its effects, or considered best practice supported by medical evidence. CMedEd is all of the above. The proprietary clinical content covers over 120 tumor types and cancer support topics that are complemented by 2,000 original illustrations. Our recent expansion to co-morbid chronic conditions has widened our target market and increased demand for our information. The end game for all educators is to provide competent, credible content that engenders the trust of all stakeholders- patients, family and medical providers.
Doctors from the following cancer institutions have reviewed our work:
- University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center
- Mayo Clinic
- Harvard Medical School
- University of Washington Medical Center
- Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
- Ohio State University James Cancer Hospital
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Oregon Health & Science University
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center
- Boston University Medical Center
- University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- CMedEd is the single point of reference, education, and discussion between the patient, family member, and physician, thus mitigating the need for "Dr. Google" or other online resources.
Patient Engagement Education Resource
- CMedEd was developed with the patient in mind. CMedEd aids communication between the doctor and patient, enhances patient engagement and improves shared decision making.
A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words
- Created over 2,000 illustrations on 120 health disease
- We have taken complex medical information and simplified it with original, easy to understand visuals
- A responsive design that can be viewed on any computer, tablet, or smartphone
Vetted at the Highest Level
- We've worked with 87 of the most prominent cancer specialists affiliated with the nation's top medical institutions including MD Anderson, Memorial Sloan Kettering and The James Cancer Center.
- All of our content is updated and reviewed by our doctors annually to keep it current in an ever-changing medical environment.
- The burden and cost of cancer in the workplace is huge. Patients who are well educated about their disease and are actively involved in their treatment decisions tend to have better outcomes and lower costs. However, many patients struggle to obtain, process, communicate and understand even basic health information. Additionally, physicians often fail to provide patients with the information needed to make good healthcare decisions.
- CMedEd provides information on an overview of the disease, risk factors, symptoms, diagnostic testing, staging, and questions to ask their doctor to enable them to discuss their questions, concerns and options with their doctors.
- Brief, concise, current, available in English and Spanish
- The sole mission of CMedEd is to educate a diverse, often language-challenged lay population on complex medical conditions, such as cancer, in a clear, concise, and understandable format-not clinical terms or what can be scary, graphic anatomy or MRI snapshots. We got our start 20 years ago working with MD Anderson providing its members with original illustrations and understandable content that allowed its patients and families a better understanding of the medical reality that was before them.
Core Values and Beliefs
- Knowledge is empowering and the more informed a person is about their cancer diagnosis, the better the outcome
- There should be no barriers to obtaining state of the art information about cancer treatment options; and,
- Every person deserves to have access to factual information in layman’s terms.
- CMedEd content is enabled through a private portal providing a fresh, innovative approach to health education based on learning habits that will appeal to a diverse population. With the ever-evolving healthcare system where emphasis is on the consumer taking charge of their health decisions, we believe CMedEd is a vital resource allowing patients to become more knowledgeable, active participants in the medical process and the treatment of their disease.
CMedEd also addresses the practical, emotional, and spiritual needs of patients, caregivers, and family members.
What Patients Think